Skip to content
- When is the most economical time to move? Peak season is from May 15 to the end of September. Because movers are busiest at this time discounts and availability may not be as great as at other times.
- What do I need to do to prepare mowers for shipment? Drain all gasoline from any machinery.
- Will you move propane tanks? NO
- Will you move plants? Some states are more strict than others about plants. Talk to your move representative. If shipped, we will not be responsible for the condition of any plants at delivery.
- What do I need to do to appliances to prepare for my move? All appliances must be disconnected and reconnected by you which includes washing machines and refrigerators with an ice maker. If you feel uncomfortable doing this let your representative know and a third party will be hired to perform these services.
- Are my goods insured? No, movers do not offer insurance. Movers offer different levels of liability coverage for your household goods which ranges from minimal tariff level coverage to full value replacement coverage.
- When do I pay? You may wait and pay at the destination but you must pay before the truck will be unloaded. If you pay at the destination you must have cash or a certified check (no personal checks). You may pay with a credit card but must do so at the origin with the local agent.
- What if I can not be present at loading or delivery? You must appoint someone to represent you (friend, neighbor, relative, etc.) and indicate so on all paperwork.
- What do I do if I have damage? If you notice the damage during unloading point it out to the driver. If you discover damage later call the representative that booked your move. They will mail out claim forms and discuss the proper procedures. Do not repair or replace it without first contacting your agent.
- When will my goods arrive? You must be prepared to receive your furniture any day during the delivery spread as indicated in your paperwork.
- Are the estimated charges what I owe for my move? No. The cost of your move is based on actual weight and services unless you requested a binding guaranteed estimate.